Saturday, April 29, 2006

back from dreams

I finally signed a "confidentiality agreement" yesterday for my role as a stand-in, which was pretty fun at the time. Lying in a pool of blood, shoulder to shoulder with three producers I'd come to respect very much, I felt kind of lucky. When I mentioned this, they all chuckled.

It's the end of the road for me on this production, but hopefully there'll be more work coming my way that involves the same crewpeople. Oh man, they all rock so hard! There's too many stories to ever, ever list on this blog, but sit me down with a light ale and they pour out like an open hydrant. I can't say enough good things about every single person on the crew...it got stressful and hectic for every department on different days, but we all helped each other get through it all. You rock, guys.

Will the finished product be worthy of critical praise? I don't even care. For me, it was a job - wake up every day, deal with what problems erupted, and 18 hours later go back to bed. Somehow during the last month I've made the transition from 'media consumer' to 'media producer'. There is a distinct difference now...watching Silent Hill I was thinking not about directoral and editing techniques (thank god, it was bugging me for awhile) and now think happily about each location and what days they must've shot certain scenes on. How big was their craft service table? Did they have to do street lockups, and did they have enough PAs to do the job?

This new perspective is going to stick, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home