Saturday, April 15, 2006

update: NOT DEAD

Hey internet. I've been AFK for a couple weeks, but I've been busier than I've ever been in my whole life. Z and I moved into a sweet apartment in Astoria, Queens two weekends ago, and the day afterward my battle against time began. Every day I have been putting in 15 hour days as a Production Assistant on an independent film called 'Rockaway', produced by Off-Hollywood Pictures. My nights - 5-6 hours at best. Even now on my day off, I've had to not sleep in order to get my body back on track with day shooting. Last night....well, I'll just repost from an email...

.....
Today I got to play a dead body! I lay stretched out on a pool table alongside the three producers of the film, one of which (like me) was a body double for another actor who wasn't around. The clothes I had to put on had been squibbed the day before, which means they had mini-blood-explosions happen on him during a shot. The result was a sticky, bloody mess. On top of this, the Art Dept. poured fresh blood on my hand, face and legs, all of which stayed caked on for the whole day.

Did I mention this was a night shoot? We started at 5pm and rolled all the way to 9am this morning. I have decided to get things done and plow through the day, because I'm hardcore!@ Or it could be that I want a normal sleep schedule back. We get today and tomorrow off (our only two-day weekend!), and I've finally had time to straighten up around the apt. Next week we'll get internet access (right now I'm paying for access at a hippie joint called FreezePeach) and hopefully the DOCS paychecks will continue to come in.

More to come as more happens,

Chad W.



ps, I am very happy, and my coworkers ROCK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home