Sunday, July 01, 2007

FF12 VANQUISHED

Seven months.

That's how long I was consumed by Final Fantasy 12. Over the last 1/2 a year, I played almost every day for exactly one hour - it was my daily reprieve from the marathon editing job that was Captain S season one.

What a great Christmas present that turned out to be - I haven't spent that long a time playing a videogame since my highschool days of Tekken 3 and Twisted Metal 2. Just the other day Devon and I were discussing the length of the game...both of us were just about to break over 100 logged hours on the game. And there's alot to do in 12 - we didn't spend our time screwing around just doing sidequests (well, we did hunt a lot of marks). I still haven't found how to unlock the game's fishing minigame or get any ultimate weapons - feats that usually push the normal player past the 60-hour mark in a Final Fantasy game. There's still so much more to do!

I do feel like the ending came out of nowhere. There could have been much more game and story to explore, but it wound up wrapping itself up pretty quickly. Without spoiling anything, I really feel like all the villains in the game could have had more on-screen time. Every time a new bad guy was introduced, then -BOOM- it's boss battle time. That's my only complaint with this blockbuster game. Even at 100 hours of gameplay I really want it to continue!

Great game, SquareEnix. I'm sure in the videogame drought that's sure to follow me in the upcoming weeks, I'll crack open the "making of" DVD and maybe try to figure out the fishing minigame. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home