Monday, March 13, 2006

lady luck's backhand

When will this get old? Wait, it's old already!

I've seen quite a number of sites using this thing for customer service, most recently: IKEA.

anyway.

Last weekend I had amazing train luck. This weekend: horrible train luck. I blame it on New Jersey Transit, which, much like airport terminals, forces you to rely on asking the roaming Customer Service people about where you need to go due to a freaking retarded ticketing / herding system. I had no sooner found the ticket booth on Sunday (after running and searching for a few frantic minutes) when I came to the conclusion: I had no idea what the hell the information on the monitors hanging everywhere meant. The ticket guy told me, "check the monitors!" to see which train came in next, but really all the monitors had was gibberish that read like a tickertape machine. Screw Jersey!

I nearly missed the Middletown train thanks to their type-in-the-region-code ticket machines, got Z and myself lost taking their not-well-labeled LightRail trains, and almost got a $74 fine for not 'validating my ticket', that is, once the Light Rail ticket machine spits your ticket out at you, you're supposed to stick it into another adjacent machine to get a time stamped onto it or you get a huge fine. WTF JERSEY?? Why not just have the first machine do it???? Why not let people use their ticket all day or use magnetic stripes like NYC???! IT'S EASIER THAT WAY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You can't even pump your own gas...phew...allright...I need to talk about something else...right! I got to view our new apartment and neighborhood! The spot we got in Astoria is amazing...spacious, nice people, a nearby park, and the best part: Tekken 3 and Metal Slug cabinets in the laundry building. Ooohhh yeah!


Is this not the cutest girl in the entire world? The patch reads: "BadAss of Children's Television".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home